Monday, April 16, 2012

Brand New Blog

This is a brand new blog that will be chronicling the processes of designing an art lesson plan, executing that lesson plan and reflecting on its successes and failures as told through the eyes of an art & design educator. Which means it will include evaluations on what to keep, what to throw away and what needs a tiny bit of tweaking. It might even include, what was the inspiration, what was borrowed, what the applications could be for extending the projects, what the students thought, and what's next. It is an overhaul of a blog that I kept as a graduate student at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY. Let me take a moment to introduce myself, in case you heaven't read my bio yet, Hello! My name is Alessandra Cirillo, I currently teach after-school digital design classes for 10-13 year-olds at my alma mater, Pratt Institute. Now that I have ventured out into the real world of teaching art/design, I can see so clearly how important it is to think back on the activities of the class-time and the whole day, and to constantly self-reflect. This blog will be a place for me to do that. I also hope it will be a space to explore new ideas and share with others like myself, and perhaps the community at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment